Super Bowl Sunday (or Monday if you are in Hong Kong), as well as being the sporting event of the year for many football fans, is an indulgent journey into classic American foods. We got the scoop from our team at Burger Circus on the one dish that surpasses them all in the Super Bowl iconography: Buffalo Chicken Wings. So if you need a little help planning your menu before touchdown, we have got you covered.
Buffalo Chicken Wings: Serves Four
- Vegetable oil for frying
- 20 – 24 chicken wings
- Salt and pepper to season
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder to season
- 8 tablespoons melted butter
- 1 cup hot sauce (we recommend an OG like Frank’s Red Hot for that super spicy, little bit sweet sensation)
- Celery sticks for dipping
- For the blue cheese sauce
- 100g crumbled Roquefort
- 6 tablespoons sour cream
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 teaspoons cider vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- Pat the wings dry using a paper towel. This helps the skin to crisp when frying.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- In a large pot, heat the oil to boiling at 160-170 degrees celcius.
Insider tip: No thermometer? No problem. Test that the oil is at the right temperature by dropping in a small piece of bread and see that it starts to bubble and turn golden brown.
- Deep fry the wings in small batches for 10-15 minutes until golden brown.
- Let them cool on a paper towel to remove any excess oil.
- In a dry bowl, mix the hot sauce, melted butter and garlic powder. Add in the chicken wings and toss to coat.
- Make the blue cheese dip by mixing all ingredients in a small bowl. Whisk lightly to smooth out the Roquefort. Season to taste.
- Serve with freshly cut chunks of celery and the blue cheese dip.
If this all sounds like too much work for 7:30am, join the team at Burger Circus as they screen Super Bowl 54 on Monday 3 February with free-flow beers and sodas and classics like cheeseburgers, wings and jalapeño poppers for $288 per person (plus 10% service charge). Reserve your spot by emailing [email protected].
Watching from home? Plan ahead with GO and pre-order your feast 24 hours in advance with exclusive GO BIG SUPER BOWL options. Orders start at $988 for parties of 10, and are available for up to 20.